Monday, September 21, 2009

Sweet Centers

Ok, so I've been working on these for a while now. I used every single stamp in the set to make a project and...I had a blast!
This is a great stamp set that works with little plastic treat cups and the 1 3/4" punch. It is available to purchase until January 4th and you can find it in the Stampin' Up! Holiday Mini catalog.
First up is the ornament. Instead of using candy inside I filled it with some glitter, but I think it would look adorable wit any tiny Christmas candy as well. Its nice and light and will hang on the tree just beautifully. I also used the Snow Swirled stamp set for this and the colors are Real Red and Bashful Blue.

And here are the little valentines. I stamped versamark onto Real Red card stock then embossed it with white embossing powder. This gives it a crisp contrasting look that I really like. Before putting these together I attched the plasic cup with the red hots to a peice of white card stock cut to the same heart shape. That is what you see behind the candy.


Here's the back. I thought a little "to from" would be a nice touch for this. My cutting skills need a little work.


The hot air ballooon is just so fun! If you can't tell, those are mini gummy bears inside. It was hard not to eat them all before I made this. They're so darn cute!
The colors I used are Real Red, Pumpkin Pie, So Saffron and Old Olive. Pretty much what I had that matched the bears.


This flower may be my favorite. I LOVE how the Melon Mambo looks with the Garden Green. You may not be able to see it too well but trust me...you'll be seeing more of that color combo. I also used Crushed Curry. Oh, and the candies are chocolate covered sunflower seeds. Clever huh?

Last but not least are the Halloween treats. The colors here are Pumpkin Pie, Tempting Turqoise, Certainly Celery and Basic Black. I actually copied these from a blog I've been following. http://www.stampinpretty.com/2009/08/ppa5-sweet-and-easy-halloween-treats.html

But the box is all me. Here's a close up of the punched out image from the middle of the stamp. Also adorable.

In case you wanted to see what the set looks like, here it is. Enjoy!








No comments:

Post a Comment