Saturday, October 24, 2009

#7 - Snow Swirled

So I was chatting with a friend the other night about how great navy and silver would look together in a card (thanks Michelle) and decided I better try one. Just one. Well, it looked so great I figured I'd try one more and pretty soon it was 2am and I was getting out of bed to make just one more thing. My mother would say these look a little Jewish and actually, the do say "Season's Greetings" so...Happy Hanukkah!
For this entire post I used:
* Snow Swirled stamp set
*Night of Navy and Whisper white card stock
*Night of Navy ink
*Platinum Shimmer Paint
*Silver elastic cord
*Round metal edge tags

Tip: After inking the tree stamp in Night of Navy ink, I used a sponge dauber in Platinum shimmer paint to highlight the little flower bursts. I did this right on top of the navy ink already on the stamp. No need to use markers or anything. Its a really cool effect but without any of the fuss.
Tip: To make the silver background paper that is matting the tree I just pounced platinum shimmer paint around the edges of some white card stock with the sponge dauber and let it dry for a minute or two.
And here is a box I made. Cute right?
I just didn't use any of the patterned paper because I made my own!
Tip: I first cut the card stock to size, then stamped it with Platinum, waited a few minutes and then stamped over the top with Night of Navy.
Tip: To make the tag on the top, I punched the snowflake out using a 1 3/4" circle punch and then glued it into the tag. It fits perfectly!

And here's the inside...
I filled it with three 3x3 note cards with envelopes as well as three large metal edge tags with snowflakes on one side and "To: From:" on the other. The tags would actually make pretty great ornaments too. But I thought tied on a gift they'd be oh-so-pretty.
And finally, there are two more cards with the same theme. These are 4 1/4" square so they still fit in regular envelopes. Have I mentioned I really like that size?
To make the stamped white piece of paper (card on the right) I just layered platinum and navy snowflakes the same was as I did on the box. For the navy background paper (card on left) I did the same thing but its a little hard to see the navy on navy. Still pretty though.
Which do you like better?

2 comments:

  1. These are really amazing! Thanks for the great project and thanks for sharing your fabulous ideas!

    Sherry

    ReplyDelete