Sunday, October 11, 2009

#9 - Delightful Decorations

The next set on the "Countdown to Christmas" is #9 - Delightful Decorations. Yay! Isn't it sooo exciting?
I pretty much copied this card right from this blog. It was sooooo much fun to make that I couldn't resist posting it. Easy, quick and super cute.
://www.kerinstamps.com/stampin_with_kerin/
I used:
*Delightful Decorations and Many Merry Messages
*Real Red, Chocolate Chip, and Whisper White
*Texturz Plates, Chocolate Chip 5/8" Grosgrain
I found inspiration for this one on this blog.
I used:
*Delightful Decorations, Many Merry Messages
*Kraft, Real Red and Old Olive
*Real Red Polka Dot 3/4" ribbon
*Old Olive d.s.p.
And here is the inside. Pretty huh?

The pillow box is the perfect size to hold a tube of chapstick (Burt's Bees please!), folded up cash, candy, earplugs...anything really. Its adorable.

I used the pillow box die to cut this out of Ruby Red card stock then I rolled over it with Sparkle and Shine Jumbo wheel in Always Artichoke ink. I sealed it with sticky strip, but left the ends open (to put goodies in) and then added the belly band (also Artichoke) and the ribbon. I made sure to tie the cream colored 1/4" grosgrain pretty tight because that is all that is holding the box closed, then I added the little tag and tied it on with Linen Thread. Oh, and I stamped the ornament and the the little "Merry Christmas" on Very Vanilla card stock, to match the cream ribbon and I attached them with stampin dimensionals.

I saw this fantastic ornament idea here and I couldn't help myself.
http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/1504093?&cat=17831
I added some silver shimmer paint to a couple of the ornaments before punching them and assembling them. These ornaments would look great on a tree or look great tied onto a gift and they are for sure, fun to make. Even for kids,
Cannon LOVED picking the colors for his ornament and stamping it. I helped punch it out and glue it together but come on, how cute is that?
To make this, all you have to do is stamp and punch out 6 ornaments. Then you center and score them right down the middle, then fold and crease them with a bone folder. If you want to do any stamping, now is the time. Then you just start gluing white sides together until you have all 6 looking like an accordion. After that I used some small glue dots to secure my silver elastic cord in the middle, then glued the remaining flaps together. Done.
Keep checking back to find out what Stamp Set I'll be choosing for #8...

1 comment:

  1. ooooohhh, I love the card. I want to make that for my Christmas cards

    ReplyDelete