Saturday, December 5, 2009

Christmas Countdown #3 - Season of Simple Grace

This is my one and only Christmas set that did not retire with the last catalog so its sort of been taking a quiet back seat while I play with all the new stuff.
I spent all night playing with this set and guess what? I made one card. That's right, ONE card! Granted, its a pretty complex one, but still, I feel a little lame.
Here's a great tutorial on how to make this Tri-Shutter card:
http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/resources/tutorials/trishuttercard/



And so you don't feel too sad about my one project, I thought I'd post a card I made last year using the baby wipe swipe/striped wipe technique. Its fun and works perfect with solid image stamps like the ones in this set.
http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/resources/tutorials/stripedwipe/

And for your viewing pleasure, here are some more shots of the Tri-Shutter card. Remember, if you're going to make one of these, make sure you REALLY like the person you're giving it to.


2 comments:

  1. Well it's very nice, but I don't think you should call that sucker a card.
    I think you should re-market that sucker as a decoration and call it the "foldable nativity". I think it looks great standing up like it does, it wouldn't hang on a normal card collector thing-so don't mail it, give it as a center piece.

    ReplyDelete