Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Christmas Countdown #4 - Sweet Season

2 days in a row! Pretty good huh?

Well, I should be making 8 pies right now but, I just couldn't resist. My sister in law, Jenny, ordered this set to make some cute cookie swap invites and I asked if I could play around with it before taking it over to her this afternoon. Yay! Thanks Jenny!
Because I was a little short on time, I copied a couple of these ideas. Here's is where I found inspirations for this one. Isn't it cute? http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/1529167?&cat=17528 It's just too bad I didn't have the french version. I really liked that part about it.
I used:
* Sweet Season stamp set
* Kraft, Very Vanilla, Chocolate Chip and Real Red card stock
* Chocolate Chip and Close to Cocoa ink
* Real Red marker, Chocolate 5/8" grosgrain ribbon, 1/4" Red grosgrain and the wide oval punch
Tip: to make the snowflakes, I stamped off the page once so the Close to Cocoa ink would be a bit lighter.


And here is a close up of one of the tags I made:
Here's where I found this:
but I sort of wish I'd had time to make her entire cute project. Oh well right?
I used:
* Sweet Season stamp set
* Real Red, Whisper White and Garden Green card stock
* Real Red and Garden Green ink
* 1 1/4", 1 3/8, and scallop circle punches, and 1/4" real red grosgrain ribbon, and the slot punch.
Tip: I attached the snowflake with two Stampin' Dimensionals (foam dots) around the hole I punched with the slot punch so that the ribbon can still slide freely through the hole.
Yes, I know I need to change my cutting blade. It's bugging me too.

And here are two invites I made. I planned to make them the same, but then I just kept trying different things. Both are pull out cards that would just get printed with cookie swap details.
You need to look at both and then answer the following:
* Do you like the words crooked or straight?
* Do you like the folded over snowflake or the punched out one to work as a pull?
* Do you like Real Red or Soft Suede as the back card stock for the pull out piece?
* Do you like the longer or shorter front flap?
* Which ribbon do you like better?
Either way, I hope Jenny likes them.
To make an easy pull out card like this:
* cut a piece of card stock in half lengthwise at 4 1/4"
* score in half at 5 1/2"
* trim 2" or so from one of the sides
* decorate
* Pull out is 3 1/2" x 5 1/4"
Now, I'm off to make pie...for real this time!

1 comment: