Friday, March 18, 2011

COWBOYS!!! (Take time to savor them!)

You remember how a couple years ago everything was pirates? Well, that's how I'm feeling about cowboys lately. The last two movies I've seen are True Grit and Rango (loved both!), the last couple books I've been crazy about are set in Yellowstone (more to come on that!) and I've just moved into a neighborhood that is all western themed from street names and architecture to the elementary school my son goes to. I'm sort of obsessed and here are the products of my obsession:
I got the idea for this first card from a talented card maker named Michelle Pollard.

I am totally crushing on the little cowboy! He's so cute!!! OK OK I'm actually imagining him as Hugh Jackman in Australia. DROVER!!!!

 Need a closer look at that rope?
Who knew hemp twine could look so good? Not as good as THIS, but still, pretty good.  

Because I loved the rope idea so much, I thought I'd try it again but this time without any water coloring.  I'd like to dedicate this next card to Matt Damon. I know he isn't quite his typical self here, but COME ON!!!
Am I right?

And because I liked the boots so much, I had to make yet another card. And, if you hadn't caught on by now, this to is going to be dedicated to a special cowboy out there. This movie (Cowboys and Aliens!) hasn't actually come out yet, but let me just say that when it does, I'll be the first in line!!!
This one's for you Daniel Craig!!!
Is anyone even looking at the cards anymore?
I know I'm not.

So who wants to get your shiny cowgirl boots on and "Celebrate" Cowboys with me this summer at the movies???
Anyone? Anyone?
In case you were wondering, this card is a lot shinier in person. Darn Camera.

* I used (abbreviated list for first 3 cards)
* Out West and On Your Birthday stamp sets
* Cajun Craze, Early Espresso, Naturals Ivory, Crumb Cake
* Hemp Twine, Jumbo Eyelets
* Blender Pen and Stampin' Pastels
* Antique Wallpaper and Square Lattice embossing folders

I used (for the pink card)
* Rose Red, Basic Black (with Stayz On ink), and Whisper White
*Basic Rhinestones
* Silver Smooch Accent Ink

4 comments:

  1. Very, very cowboy! I like them a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahahahahaha!
    I'd know that pair of pants anywhere.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your cards! Love your humor! ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the cards! Remember the song...
    "These Boots Were Made For Walking..."?? Well THESE boots were made for stamping! LOL
    - Micki
    (Following now) Visit/follow my Avenue of Art:
    www.AvenueofArt.com

    ReplyDelete