Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Word Play Wedding!

I had such a great weekend! Not only was it Easter, which is always awesome, my parents are in town too. Yay!!! 
When I put my daughter down for a nap today, my mom asked if I could make her a wedding card. OF COURSE!!! I needed to make some wedding cards anyway!

Here is the final project of the afternoon. I love it because it has:
A) A bridal touch (the tulip border on white)
B) A groomal touch (black card base and ribbon)
C) Something blue (the little blue frame)
I used:
*Word Play stamp set
* Basic Black, Baja Blue and Whisper White card stock
* Black satin ribbon
*Black Stays On ink
*Tulip Border embossing folder



In case you're curious about how I arrived at that card, here are the steps I took:
Card 1:
I can't put my finger on whats wrong with it, but its a little bit blahhhhhh. Looking at it made me bored and tired. Never a good sign.

Card 2:
Most things look better with ribbon and this card was no exception. Added a little ribbon and Voila! Instant elegance! BUT...still something not quite perfect about it.

Card 3
Ta Da!

1 comment: