Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Lovely Birds and Books

As I've said before, when I'm not stamping I'm usually reading a book and one of my favorite guilty pleasures is a good historical romance novel. There's something about a proper society young woman and a dashing rogue falling in love that gets me every time! I just can't help myself!
Occasionally I'm able to combine my two addictions into something really great by listening an audio book WHILE stamping. It's heaven!  And sometimes what I'm listening to starts to rub off on my project. Have you ever listened to a Christmas Carol and had an urge to go make a snowman card?

Well, this is kind of the same thing.
I made these while listening to a nice juicy book called Marriage Most Scandalous about a headstrong girl who sets out to find the estranged son of her neighbor/guardian only to find instead a deadly mercenary. Mercenary!!! Seriously, what could be better than that?

Anyway, its good that I was already trying to make a nice pretty card, because I think what I came up with is girlish and feminine enough to please Miss Austen herself!

I used:
* Petite Pairs and Vintage Vogue stamp sets
* Old Olive, Rich Razzleberry, Pretty in Pink, Pink Pirouette and Very Vanilla card stocks
* Rich Razzleberry and Pink Pirouette Ink
* First Edition designer paper
* Extra Large Bird Punch
* Antique Wallpaper embossing folder

No comments:

Post a Comment