Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Christmas Recap

I lost December again! AH! I do this to myself every year! I start planning Christmas in September, I forget about it and then all of a sudden its December 1st and I have nothing done. This is also about the time when I decided to start a new hobby (knitting this year) and decide to make everyone I know a handmade gift. Then you have all the decorating, parties, baking, shopping, family from out of town, school out...and here I am on January 11th feeling like a human being again. Whew. I love Christmas!
While I love December and the magic of Christmas, there are things that suffer. My waistline AND my blog. So here is ALL of the stuff I made but never had time to post:

This was out family's official Christmas card. Quick, easy and hopefully cute!

And of course the photo I tucked inside each one.


 (This card uses Petite Pairs and Pennant Parade)

This is the thank you note I made my kids (and myself) write to all of our loved ones:
And I'm so happy I finally got a chance to use the Sweet Snowglobe stamp!
(Perfectly Penned is in there too!)

Here's a fun little stocking pocket, perfect for holding a gift card and a candy cane!
I used Dear Santa stamp set with the Holiday Stocking Die and added some Smooch Spritz for a little sparkle.
I almost chose this card as our official Christmas card but by the time I got around to making my own cards, I didn't have time for it. I know. I'm lame.
But I got the idea for this on Kimberly Van Diepen's lovely blog. Check it out!

I really love this because instead of cutting all those tedious triangles, I used my Perfect Pennants die for all of them! Yay me!
I used Season of Joy and Many Merry Messages on this one. And Woodgrain.

Last but not least is this fun card using the new Micah Flakes. While I love the idea of them, I found them really hard to use on a card because they are just sooo big! But once I made this card I knew I found the perfect use for them. Big and messy! Don't they give the card such a nice shiny glow?
I got the idea from this gorgeous card but simplified it a little.
I used the Christmas Lodge set.
Hopefully I'll post some new stuff very soon. Valentines day is coming up!!!

1 comment:

  1. It is good to see your blog! I like the new picture. I also think that the thank-you note is adorable!

    ReplyDelete