Sunday, August 8, 2010

More Babies!

I've really been enjoying my new baby set, Baby Bundle. Mostly, I like the little baby head stamp. I'm not sure I'll ever make another baby card without it!

I made this card originally for my friend Laura, who just had a baby boy (CONGRATS!) and then I went ahead and made it in girl too so I'd be prepared for a while!


You see the little baby face peeking out? See it? See it?
To make the scallops, I just attached 3/4" circles to the back of the pink circle. It's a little tricky to get them to look even but I just use my snail adhesive to stick them really loosely til I like how they look. It gets easier after a while.
I used my blender pens and stampin pastels to color the image, and to highlight the polka dot pattern from the stroller in the background I used a sponge to lightly go over the embossed polka dots.

 
And the inside:

I used:
*Baby Bundle stamp set
* For boy card: Bashful Blue, Night of Navy, Real Red and Whisper White Card stock
* Night of navy ink pad and sponge
* For girl card: Certainly Celery, Pretty in Pink, Melon Mambo and Whisper White Card stock
*Melon Mambo ink pad and sponge
* Black Stayz On ink
* Blender pen and Stampin' Pastels
* Heart to Heart, Modern Label, Word Window and 3/4" circle punches
* Circle Scissors Plus (3" and 3 1/4" circles)
* Perfect Polka Dots Impressions folder

1 comment: