Thursday, January 28, 2010

Get Well Punch Flowers

I needed to make a "Get Well" card for a friend but had no idea of what I would actually do. While procrastinating, I sat down at my computer and came across this lovely blog tutorial http://jeffandmeplustwoandthree.blogspot.com/2010/01/paper-flower-tutorial.html and just had to give it a try.
For this card I used:
*Teeny Tiny Wishes stamp set
*Melon Mambo, Rich Razzleberry and Crushed Curry card stock and ink
*Razzleberry Lemonade Designer Paper
*Scallop Circle punch and Scallop Edge Punch
*Rhinestone brads

And here's a pic of my very well used Scallop Circle Punch and some of the flower layers I used. Like an old pair of jeans it brings me happy thoughts of comfort. I would be lost without it.


               
I made the mistake of showing the above card to my Hubby. He said it looks like an "Old Lady" card. :(
So I got to thinking, how can I make it look a bit more youthful? Well, I used the exact same technique but with a different punch and here's what I got...
So I'm not sure it looks younger, but I like this effect too. I think it looks like a wild rose. Yay!

I used pretty much the same supplies for this card except I switched the scallop circle with the new Extra Large Fancy Flower Punch and I added the large oval punch to pop the saying a little bit more. Oh, and this is a little smaller too. Its a 4 1/4" square.
My new punch...looking a bit shiny.

3 comments:

  1. So pretty, but then again I am an old lady!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the flowers. Both of them. I think I will make one like your second one but with the "old lady" flower. I love crushed curry!

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete