Thursday, May 20, 2010

Happy Graduation!!!

This is the 3rd of 3 projects we made at club this month. I don't know why it's taken me sooo long to post it, but I've had it sitting around forever! I've had a real weak spot for the single stamps on the back pages of the last few mini catalogs. At Christmas it was Dasher (sigh) and in the spring, the Chocolate Bunny (swoon) and now this little Happy Grad. Are we all relieved that it's not another fictional holiday character this time for my sake? I don't know what I would have done if they'd made a tooth fairy stamp. Faint probably.
I got inspiration for this from the card on page 31 of the summer mini catalog. It doesn't really look the same but I liked the idea of markers on the stamp to add a little wow factor and I also liked that they used stars. I think the stars in this case are very gender neutral and celebratory, as they should be.

The other thing I love about my card here is the size. It is 6 1/2" x 3 1/4". It fits perfectly into one of Stampin' Up!'s open ended envelopes and it holds a check or cash perfectly inside. And after all, isn't that what every graduate wants?
I used:
* Happy Grad stamp
* Real Red, Tempting Turquoise, Old Olive and Pumpkin Pie markers
* Whisper White, Pumpkin Pie, Real Red and Tempting Turquoise Card Stock
* Old Olive Designer Series Paper (or maybe a scrap of old Christmas paper. Sorry)
* Real Red 1/4" grosgrain Ribbon
* Large Star Punch and Spiral Punch

2 comments:

  1. That is so cute, I love the bright colors!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like it, very bright, no stupid saying. I go through quite a few Grad cards. Also unisex! Good for college or high school. Nice work, Nat!

    ReplyDelete