Friday, May 14, 2010

Smooch and Watercolor!

This is the second of three projects we did at club Wednesday night. You may not be able to tell but it is alos covered in the new Vanilla Smooch Spritz which just adds a lovely subtle shimmer to any project.

I colored the stamp with markers and then before stamping it, sprayed it with just a touch of water to help blend the colors. It softens the look just a bit more and is very lovely. The more water, the less defined your image will be. I might do one sometime with a lot of water sprayed on to show what that would look like. You might need to experiment a little with this before you find where it works for you.
The dimensions of this little note card are 3x3 so it fits perfectly in a little envelope and would be lovely on a plate of cookies, on top of a wrapped gift or tucked in gift bag.



Here's the large version of the card. I used all the same products and techniques except the Smooch is only on the white card stock peices. This card design is truly, one of the simplest and most versatile. Make a little tag, attach it to a card, add a greeting and some ribbon. Done.
Did I mention I got the inspiration for this from the quilt on my bed? It even has pink satin ribbon around the edges. Its really lovely. I would include a picture but that would require me to make the bed but my Mother's not in town or anything, so the bed won't be getting made.

I used:
* Watercolor Trio stamp set
* Rose red and Pretty in pink ink pads
* Rose Red, Pretty in pink and Certainly Celery Markers
* Rose Red, Certainly Celery and whisper White Card Stock
* Pink Satin ribbon, linen thread,
* Vanilla Smooch Spritz
* Tag corner Punch

3 comments:

  1. Really pretty! Dad likes it too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Mom AND Dad! You're the best!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your card,Natalie. Beautiful! Thanks for the instructions as well.

    ReplyDelete