Sunday, May 30, 2010

Twi-Cards!

I know I know, I'm  a lame-o. I had to do something to distract myself. You see, the retired stamp and accessory list comes out on Tuesday June 1st and this is one of the few things that demonstrators don't get to see ahead of time. I've been through this before, I know I'll be sad to see some things go and others I'll be ready to say goodbye to. I also know that Tuesday will come eventually but...I still HATE WAITING!!! Seriously, I keep asking myself  "Is it closer to Tuesday yet?" Pathetic. People are supposed to enjoy holiday weekends, not count the seconds till they're over.

Anyway, I went to a friends house tonight to watch the DVD of New Moon and giggle every time Jacob Black is shirtless, which is a lot. So, of course I HAD to make a card to commemorate the occasion. We've all heard of Twi-Hards and Twi-Tards (which I think are the same thing) but now we have Twi-Cards. Yay!
To make the cool ruffle with ribbon, I laid two stripes of Sticky Strip across the card where I wanted the ribbon to be and then just folded and pressed down how I liked it. It also looks really nice if you make a uniform ruffle, but I didn't feel very uniform today.

And here's the inside.
I used:
* Vintage Vogue and Fun and Fast Notes stamp sets
* Basic Black and Versamark Ink
* Basic Black, Real Red and Whisper White card stock
* Clear embossing powder
* Lots of Tags Sizzlit dies, Wide Oval Punch
* Basic Black Satin Ribbon

The inspiration for the next card came from this card. I think it looks a lot "Twilight-ier" in black like she has, but I don't actually have any black re-inker. I also wanted to use red satin ribbon but sadly, I don't have any of that either. I may have to place an order and make another Twi-Card just to see how much better it looks with the colors flipped around.
Are you loving the "Together Forever" sentiment? I thought it was just too good to pass up.
I used:
* Fun and Fast Notes stamp set
* Basic Black Ink pad and Real Red re-inker
* Basic Black and Very Very Vanilla card stock
* Bridesmaid Designer Paper
* Lots of Tags Sizzlit dies, Wide Oval Punch
* Basic Black Satin Ribbon


And then for no reason at all , I thought I'd post some pics of my cute kids. We were having a lazy messy morning. Most mornings are that way.



I'll see you again on Tuesday with the retired list!

Is it closer to Tuesday yet?

1 comment: