Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Happy Birthday Happy Fall!!!

Today is very exciting for a few reasons:

#1) Today, September 2nd, is my Mother in Law's Birthday.
Happy Birthday Grandma Decker!!!

#2) The Holiday Mini Catalog is now live.
(Click on the link on the right hand side of the page. TONS of good stuff!!!)

#3) Because the Holiday Mini us now live, I can start stamping holiday (Christmas) stuff like the crazy person that I am. WOOT!!!
Here is the card and bookmark I made for my MIL.
I don't normally love fall colors all that much, but this set and matching paper was just too pretty to pass up.
I LOVE it!
I can't wait to use it more.

I sort of copied this card from the one on page 12 of the mini catalog, except I made mine into a birthday card instead. I love it when a set can be used for more than one thing.


 
One of the things my Mother in Law and I share is a love of books, so I figured she could used a nice bookmark. Can't we all?
The other reason I made a bookmark, is because this designer paper is actually textured card stock and it's so heavy that you can make a sturdy bookmark from one layer of it. And because it is double sided, both sides of the bookmark are pretty. Whenever I buy any of Stampin' Up!'s designer card stock, I just can't help but make bookmarks out of it!

Tip: When making bookmarks, make sure to use minimal layers and embellishments on any section that will be placed between pages of a book!

I used:
*Day of Gratitude stamp set (and a retired set for the Happy Birthday sentiment. Sorry!)
* Autumn Spice Specialty Designer Paper
* Cajun Craze, More Mustard, Early Espresso and Very Vanilla Card Stock
* Early Espresso and More Mustard Inks
* Early Espresso, Pumpkin Pie, Cajun Craze and Old Olive Markers
* Old Olive 1 1/4" Striped Grosgrain and Linen Thread
* Antique Brads, Jumbo Eyelets
* 1 3/8" Circle Punch, Crop-o-Dile, Piercing Tool

1 comment: