Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Happy Birthday Elizabeth!

Happy B-day to my very best friend Elizabeth! Yay!
I was so excited to make this card because I knew I could make it as girly as possible and she would totally get it! And also because I love her.
I used my brand new Daring Adventure set here and even though the catalog makes it look kind of masculine I think its also really soft and pretty.

For the background I first wrinkled and sanded a strip of rose red d.s.p. Then I adhered it to a piece of Crumb Cake then ran it through my Big Shot. After that I sanded it some more til all the white parts were showing. Then I used a sponge dauber to add some Crumb Cake ink to the edges and I spritzed it with my Color Spritzer tool and a Soft Suede marker.
For the image I started with a piece of Whisper White, inked it with Crumb Cake and a sponge dauber, spritzed it with Soft Suede. The words are stamped in Crumb Cake while the flourish is in Soft Suede. I can't remember if I used Rose Red (stamped off a few times) or a lighter pink like Pink Pirouette for the shadow images of the flourish. Sorry!
And for the little tag I used the Clearly for You set and my Jewelry Punch. Which I love.

Most of the time I avoid tying a bow because I sort of suck at it, but on a card like this a simple knot just would not do.

And here is the inside with the lining treated the same as the outside.

I used:
* Daring Adventure and Clearly For You stamp sets
* Early Espresso, Whisper White and Crumb Cake card stocks
* Crumb Cake, Soft Suede and Pink Pirouette(?) inks
* Rose Red d.s.p.
* Color Spritzer Tool and Soft Suede marker
* Sponge Dauber
* Distressing Kit
* Antique Wallpaper embossing Folder
* Jewelry Tag Punch
* Paper Piercing Tool
*Crumb Cake taffeta ribbon, Baker's Twine

No comments:

Post a Comment