Monday, August 1, 2011

Spooky Bingo Bits, Wild Tarantula and PPA 104!

Is everybody ready for Halloween???

No? Me neither. But I found this in my garage this morning:
It is a tarantula from the hill behind my house. We'll be moving soon. To Antarctica.
So anyway, (shudder) I made this card as therapy to help me calm down a little.
Sadly, I don't have any stamps that say:
"AHHHHHH!!!!KILL IT!!!KILL IT!!!AHHHHHH!!!  IT MOVED!!!AHHHHHHHH!!!!
So I had to settle for "EEK!"
I'm also playing along over at the PPA with today's post. The challenge for the week is all about paper piercing, which until today I was drawing kind of a blank about. So thank you Mr.ScariestSpiderI'veEverSeenWhileNotAtTheZoo for your inspiration. And also for dying. Eventually.

It's hard to capture both the paper piercing AND embossing at the same time in pictures but this one does a pretty good job.

And of course the inside has another embossed spider, just waiting to jump out at you! AHHHH!!!

And because I was having soooo much fun poking holes in my cards, I couldn't help but to make a little ghosty card too! He's so much cuter than a spider!!!
To make the ghosty shape, I just hand drew a ghost (patterned after the ghost in the Spooky Bingo Bits set) the size I wanted onto some scratch paper, used a small amount of snail adhesive to hold the outline paper to my Whisper White card stock and then poked round the outline. Then I used a clean eraser to remove the extra adhesive. So easy and fun!

I used:
*Spooky Bingo Bits stamp set
*Basic Black, Whisper White and Pumpkin Pie card stock
*Versamark Ink
*Black embossing powder, embossing buddy and heat tool
*Large Safety Pin
*Spider Web embossing Folder

3 comments:

  1. OH MY! The spider cards are cute and I like the ghost one too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable halloween cards!! Love them! I would be moving too if I found that in my garage! Thank you for playing along with Pals Paper Arts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are too funny! That is the exact reaction I would have had to that spider!!! "We are moving to antarctica"... Oh man. I LOVE your cards so cute! I might have to case that ghost for my card club! Following your blog now!

    http://stampinupissupersweet.blogspot.com/

    Linda

    ReplyDelete