Thursday, June 17, 2010

Post-it Note Holder!

One of the projects we made at club this month is this cute little post-it and pen holder. I've been wanting to do something like this for months now and I'm so happy that I finally pulled it off. It was all about finding the little pens really. Staples. They are ONLY at Staples. Don't even bother checking in all of the other stores.
The stamp set I used, Razzle Dazzle, is NOT retiring, but the paper, Razzleberry Lemonade is. I've loved this paper and really I only had scraps left of it but I knew this was my last chance to really use it so I just had to get it out. I also used Crushed Curry, which is also saying goodbye. Sniff. It took me a while to warm up to you Crushed Curry, but you will be missed.


The other thing that will be missed?
All of the polka dot ribbon. So so sad.

In addition to the post-it note holder, I've also been dying to try my hand at these cool rolled flowers. They seem a bit fussy at first but once you get going, they're pretty easy. As long as your fingers can take it.


Here's the inside view. I should have written a little note there on the post-it. Something like "Natalie is Awesome!"

To learn how to make the cute little paper roses I used, click here to watch a great tutorial. My favorite part is that you can make them any size you want and you don't need any special tools, just scissors and glue. I punched out 1 1/4" and 1 3/8" circles of cardstock for the roses I made but you can make whatever size you like.

To learn how to make the little post-it holder, you HAVE to watch this video on Dawn Griffith's blog. She does a great job of showing exactly what to cut and how to fold. After watching her do it, the project gets really simple but trying to figure it out on your own is nearly impossible. It was for me anyway.
The measurements that are shown on Dawn's lovely site are:
Cut to 7 3/8 x 3 1/4"
Score at 3 1/8, 3 1/2 and 3 7/8"

I tweaked it because the post-its that I bought were a bit bigger. My measurements are:
Cut to 7 9/16" x 3 1/4"
Score at 3 1/8, 3 9/16 and 4"

2 comments:

  1. That is adorable!! I have been curious about those cute flowers- they add such a nice touch. Good idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually love this project, it's a little like knitting a cover for toilet paper, but with the pen it becomes functional.
    However, you should have put a to do list on your post it with items like:

    Tell Candi she is the best sister ever

    Re-do stamping room with trophies a la Sue Sylvester

    Try to be as cool as Candi

    ReplyDelete