Monday, September 12, 2011

A Note of Thanks


Here's another example of one idea, done two ways. Normally I have a favorite, but there are elements of each that I like so I'll let you decide for yourselves.

This is the first one I made and I really like how the Not Quite Navy has an old faded tattoo look to it. As if it used to be darker but has been bleached over the years. And I also love how the image stamped. With the larger stamps the centers sometimes don't ink very well and this is often a source of great frustration but here, it totally works.
This ribbon is retired but any ribbon would work and I like how the little pleats came out. Such an easy thing to do with a little sticky strip.

This card is almost identical except a little more framing and distressing.
But for some reason the ribbon pleats didn't look right here. Sad times.

I used:
* Ornate Blossom and Thank You Kindly stamp sets
* Not Quite Navy, Crumb Cake and Whisper White card stocks
* Not Quite Navy and Soft Suede Ink
* Distressing Kit
* Color Spritzer Tool and Soft Suede Marker
* Rose Red Ribbon (retired)
* Antique Wallpaper impressions folder


1 comment:

  1. I liked the distressed one best, even though the ribbon pleats are cute.

    ReplyDelete