Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Turtles and Stripes


I love this stamp set!
Doesn't it make you happier just looking at it?

Do you see the cool texture on the background? I used the new Stripes embossing folder but instead of the regular once through the Big Shot like normal, I ran it through twice and LOOK! It made squares! Its like a texture-y plaid. I'm so happy with myself!
  

The rest of the card is pretty standard. I used Black Stayz-on ink and then I water colored the turtle image using Stampin' Pastels and my handy dandy blender pen.
The scallops coming from behind the turtle are just the Fancy Flower punch that have been bent up a little bit. It's all pretty simple, and that's just the way I like it!


I used:
* Turtle and Co. Stamp set
* Old Olive, Daffodil Delight, Tangerine Tango and Whisper White card stocks
* Black Stays On ink
* Tangerine Tango designer paper
* Stampin' Pastels and Blender Pens
* Fancy Flower and 1 3/4" circle punches
* Stripes embossing folder
* Brights Buttons
* Baker's Twine

1 comment: